Sunday, July 19, 2009

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols




Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Publisher: MTV
Category: Young Adult
256 Pages

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn’t make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won’t soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won’t be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge—and over...

This book deserves awards - and a lot of them. It's an amazingly crafted story. Echols has created a masterpiece! This is one of those stories where every lose end is tied up and where everything is connected.

She created a strong cast of characters. Meg has an amazing mind with a unique voice. Her thoughts sent me into a fit of giggles a few times. Also, as the story goes on you learn why she acts the way she does. Johnafter irritated me to no end and made me really care for him (much like my own boyfriend actually). I really cared about what happened to every character. Well, except for Eric and Angie. Heck, I want to know what happens to the characters in the future.

I loved how Echols made Johnafter's and Meg's personal growth believable. It wasn't something the all of a sudden changed overnight - it was subtle at first then became obvious at the end of the book. The end of the book was perfect. It wasn't a Happily Ever After, but
it was the very beginning of one for sure.

This is a book I completely recommend buying. I'm borrowing a friend's copy, but my own is waiting for me in my shopping cart on Amazon. I'll be reading this again.

A

Sign

3 comments:

  1. I love this book - definitely one of my absolute favorites. Johnafter... freaking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - I agree completely! He was a very yummy character ;}

    ReplyDelete