Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jessica's Guide for Dating on the Dark Side

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Darkside

354 pages
Publisher: Harcourt
Category: Young Adult

The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .
Marrying a vampire definitely doesn't fit into Jessica Packwood's senior year "get-a-life" plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth--and he's her long-lost fiance. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire's Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war--and save Lucius's soul from eternal destruction.


When I first finished this book I was not impressed - at first. This was a book I had to think back on. After a few days, I found I really did like the book. Fantaskey created an original vampire story. Every single character in this story was amazingly developed.

Jessica is a unique character for me. Normally you don't find girls in vampire stories like her. Which is something I love. Yet again, she's such a detailed character that you feel like she's a real person by the end of the book. Her parents are hilarious.

This book took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. Thanks to Lucius, I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't my book so I wouldn't throw it across my room. This book will make you mad. So if you just like the books that are simply read for enjoyment with almost no emotional involvement... don't pick this up. You will get tied up into it.

Four out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment