Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Luxe

The Luxe by Anna Godberson
The Official Luxe Site

The Luxe

433 Pages
Publisher: Harper&Collins (through Harper Teen)
Category: Young Adult

This isn’t really my kind of story so I went into it having no clue what to expect. I mean, I’ve never even touched a Gossip Girl book -gasp!-. So getting into was really hard for me.

Although let me say the cover art is gorgeous.

That being said, I thought it was an ok book. It’s got its flaws, but it was definitely a step out of my comfort zone which is a good thing. I didn’t really like Elizabeth honestly. I don’t understand how she could be having sex with one former friend and being a complete jerk to another. I didn’t like Henry either. Penelope was a totally piece of work, but at least she was interesting. My favorite character has to Diana. She has the spirit of someone from today’s world stuck in 1899.

The plot moves slowly, but towards the end of the book I was hooked and wanted to know what happened. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone who gets bored easily. I’m still debating on whether or not to read Rumors, but I probably will. It might be more interesting with the Penelope verses Diana angle.

There is not a single doubt in my mind that if this became a movie it’d be right up my alley since I liked the movies Vanity Fair and Marie Antoinette.


Three out of five stars

No comments:

Post a Comment