Friday, July 10, 2009

Rumors by Anna Godberson


Rumors: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godberson

Publisher: HarperCollins
Category: Young Adult
423 Pages

Summary from Amazon:
True love. False friends. Scandalous gossip. Welcome back to Manhattan, 1899.

As rumors fly about the untimely demise of New York's brightest star, Elizabeth Holland, all eyes are on those closest to the dearly departed: her sister, Diana, the family's only hope for redemption; Henry Schoonmaker, the flame Elizabeth never extinguished; Penelope Hayes, poised to claim all that her best friend left behind; even Elizabeth's former maid, Lina Broud, who discovers that while money matters and breeding counts, gossip is the new currency. In this delicious sequel to the New York Times bestselling The Luxe, nothing is more dangerous than a scandal . . . or more precious than a secret.



This one was a lot better then it's predecessor. The characters were far better developed this time around. The plot seemed to move faster this time around. It still dragged on at times, but at least the entire novel didn't drag

This time, I liked all the characters save for a few. Diana was probably my favorite character this time around. I even liked Henry this time since he was so torn. Elizabeth is also easier like this time around as she's happy with Will. Penelope is just as evil and conniving in this novel, if not more so. With Lina, I don't know if I'm hoping she falls hard of if she succeeds with becoming like all the famous ladies.

I hated the ending of this book. It just seemed way to rushed. While I liked this one way more then I liked The Luxe, I'm not sure if I can stand to read another one. I wish I could like this series more, but for some reason I just can't get into them. I might read the last two just to see how the mess these girls are making of their lives sorts out.

Three out of five stars

Sign

No comments:

Post a Comment