Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stardust by Neil Gaiman



Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Publisher: HarperTeen
Category: Young Adult
248 Pages
Summary from book:

Tristran Thorn promised to bring back a fallen star. So he sets out on a journey to fulfill the request of his beloved, the hauntingly beautiful Victoria Forester - and stumbles into the enchanted realm the lies beyond the wall of his English country town. Rich with adventure and magic, Stardust is of of master storyteller Neil Gaiman's most beloved tales, and the inspiration for the hit movie.



I didn't like this book at all. If you've seen the movie,like I have, don't buy the book at first. Check it out from your library to make sure you like it. Most of the parts of the movie that made me love the story are completely gone.

The ending of this book left a bad taste in my mouth. The 'romance' between Yvaine and Tristran in this book seems like it was to sudden since I didn't see how they fell in love. The witches? I won't even go into how anti-climatic it was.

I will say that while I didn't like the story, I did like Gaiman's writing style. He went into the perfect amount of detail in Stardust.

I'm not really going to recommend this book. Even if I hadn't have seen the movie first I don't think I would have liked it. I do recommend the movie though!

Two out of five stars

Sign

1 comment:

  1. I really like Neil Gaiman, but I haven't read this one. I have seen the movie but just thought it was so-so.

    ReplyDelete