Friday, August 21, 2009

Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev



Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantechev

Series: The Théâtre Illuminata
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Category: Young Adult
356 Pages

All her world's a stage.

Beatrice Shakespeare Smith is not an actress, yet she lives in a theater.
She's not an orphan, but she has no parents.
She knows every part, but she has no lines of her own.
Until now.

Welcome to the Théâtre Illuminata, where the characters of every play ever written can be found behind the curtain. They were born to play their parts, and are bound to the Théâtre by The Book--an ancient and magical tome of scripts. Bertie is not one of them, but they are her family--and she is about to lose them all and the only home she has ever known.


I've been waiting to read this for a while. I've heard great things about this debut novel as well. It was pretty good for the most part. My biggest issue was that it was a little hard to follow at times.

The characters are strong. Bertie was a very, er, quirky character. I loved the fairies. They were so funny. I didn't get very attached to Nathan or Ariel really.

I also wish that the when of the story was a little more explained. I have no idea what era the story takes place in or if it was timeless. I just have no clue. Overall it was a good read and should be checked out.

I'm sorry this review's so short, it's been a while since I've read it.

B

Sign

No comments:

Post a Comment