Friday, August 21, 2009

The Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink



The Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

Publisher: Little, Brown, and Company
Category: Young Adult
343 Pages

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents’ deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.

Lia and Alice don’t know whom they can trust.

They just know they can’t trust each other.


I've heard nothing but good things about this book. I'm sure it's the same for most of you too. So I went to my library yesterday for a few minutes and low and behold that had this book. Plus a few other new ones. I about went into shock. The Prophecy of the Sisters lives up to the hype and then some.

The plot is perfect. Two sisters who were birthed differently then any of the others before them. The Guardian became the Gate and vice versa. Due to this Lia and Alice become the sisters that will end the eternal struggle that has been occurring since the beginning of time itself - for better or for worse. After reading Zombie Queen it was amazing to find a completely original plot.

The characters were great. Lia is now in the running for my favorite heroine. She's very believable. She chooses her own destiny knowing it's going to be hard. Alice is simply pure evil, but you have to admire her confidence. Even the more minor characters are full of life.

I think Zink may be a liar though. There is simply no way this is her debut novel. The writing style is amazing. I have one simple complaint - why is this book only 343 pages? I'm already awaiting the next installment when the first just came out!

I do think my library might kill me over this book. I might have to buy them a new copy since I took this out to dinner last night and it was in my purse. I was holding a baby when he ...err...decided to spill my sweet tea everywhere. Including on the brand new book. ;-;

This book is perfect. Go buy it. Now. What are you waiting for?

A+

Sign

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book. Glad you enjoyed it & great review (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm even more excited now. I've definitely have to get this book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete