Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert




I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stehanie Kuehnert

Publisher: MTV
Category: Adult (fiction)
340 Pages


Punk rock is in Emily Black's blood. Her mother, Louisa, hit the road to follow the incendiary music scene when Emily was four months old and never came back.

Now Emily's all grown up with a punk band of her own, determined to find the tune that will bring her mother home. Because if Louisa really is following the music, shouldn't it lead her right back to Emily?


I'd heard nothing but good things about this book. Even then I was impressed by this book. The way Stephanie writes is mind blowing. Just wow.

This is a very unique story about a daughter and her mother -eventually- finding each other through music. There are ups and downs throughout the book. Things you won't see coming at all. I didn't cry while reading this book, but it's exceedingly touching.

Emily was such a heartfelt character. I loved how passionate she was about everything. If she wanted it - she went for it. I loved that she wasn't perfect - she had her flaws and as the reader I knew exactly what they were. I won't say anything on Lousia to avoid spoiling anything.

Go pick up this book. NOW. It's a must read. Well, if you're over fourteen since this book has sex (nothing graphic), drug usage,alcohol usage, and loads of cursing. If you don't mind those things...well, what are you waiting for? Go buy it!

A

Sign

2 comments:

  1. This book looks really good. I still have to read this and now Ballads of Suburbia (: Nice review, by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, This makes me excited to read the book!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete